Not all the houses on WowHaus are retro, but a good number are distinctive period properties that are likely to appeal. With that in mind, here are five properties you might well like. More on the site obviously.
1. 1960s Royston Summers-designed modernist property in North Several, Blackheath, London SE3
Described as one of the best modern houses in the area, this 1960s gem (pictured above) has been restored and modernised, but still has all the character of the original build. If you like it, the house is now up for rental.
2. Renovated midcentury modern house in Houston, Texas, USA
An amazing place, likely to date from the early '60s, but the subject of extensive renovation in recent years, It has two bedrooms, bags of style and a stunning midcentury design.
3. 1930s Sea Roads six-bedroom art deco property in Penarth, Vale Of Glamorgan
Fancy some art deco living by the sea? Then Sea Roads could be for you. A luxurious art deco house, it has maintained its distinctive look over the years whilst being maintained, offering views over the Bristol channel, a wall of glazing on the rear and an exposed curved staircase.
4. Two-bedroom flat in the Berthold Lubetkin-designed Spa Green Estate in Clerkenwell, London EC1
The modernist architect Berthold Lubetkin designed this block as local authority housing and in the main, even after extensive refurbishment, that's the way it remains. But the odd apartment is offered for private sale – and right now a two-bedroom flat is on the market.
5. 1950s four-bedroom modernist property in Esher, Surrey
The agent seems to be pitching this as a building plot rather than a house, which is a shame, as this Esher house is a rare example of 1950s modernism in the UK and deserves so much more. See it while you can.
Find out more