If you didn't already know, our WowHaus site features a range of architecturally interesting properties up for sale pretty much every day. That includes a lot of retro finds – so we've listed 10 of the best recent retro properties as a quick catch up. Many more on the site obviously.
1. Three-bedroom 1930s art deco property in Frinton-On-Sea, Essex
A family home by the sea, but one with more than average character, thanks to its distinctive art deco exterior. It's on the market for £365,000.
2. Francis Bacon's purpose-built 1960s house in Chieveley, Newbury, Berkshire
This one has been around for a while, but still no takers. That means a price drop for a house purpose built for Francis Bacon, complete with its own art studio. Now selling for £445,000.
3. Three-bedroom apartment in brutalist Shakespeare Tower on the Grade II-listed Barbican Estate, London EC2
A classic slice of high-rise concrete on the sought-after Barbican estate, this apartment has been remodelled to create a mix of period cool and modern comforts. But it comes at a price – £1,300,000.
4. The Dutch Glen house in Seaton, Devon
A distinctive midcentury build from the 1960s, it needs updating a little, but offers most of the original features that were first seen 50 years or so back. £425,000 is the price.
5. 1970s architect-designed three-bedroom bungalow in Saltford, Bristol, Avon
Something of a mystery house, the images of this single-storey property hint at something special and relatively untouched. But you'll probably need to book a viewing to be absolutely sure. it is selling for £350,000.
6. Corrales and Molezún-designed midcentury modern property in Madrid, Spain
Possibly the most expensive property on WowHaus, it is listed because of its architectural significance. The first modern house built in Spain, it still retains the look and feel of the original 1966 build. It is up for sale at an eye-popping €5,000,000.
Find out more at the site
7. 1930s three-bedroom art deco property in Keston, near Bromley, Kent
Another standout art deco build, this one dating to 1936 and subject to significant refurbishment recently. It's up for sale at £675,000 with no chain.
8. 1950s Vladimir Novak-designed midcentury modern property in East Glenview, Illinois, USA
A stunner from the States, this is a 1954 property which has been on the receiving end of two years of work to bring it back to its best. A stunning end result, which can be yours for the equivalent of £254,000.
9. Obertal B-listed 1930s art deco house in Leven, Fife, Scotland
Back to art deco and into Scotland, where this place has been on the market for quite some time, despite its stunning look, unchanged inside and out for over 80 years. If you want it, the house is now at £225,000.
10. Jan Veelaert-designed modernist property in Kontich, Antwerp, Belgium
If you love modernism and concrete, this could be your dream home. Built in the '90s, but looking like a 1960s build, the house has large open spaces and high end finishes throughout, So it should, with a price of €930,000.